Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dessalator Duo D60 Problems

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Duane
I would never use my water maker in muddy water. Too much filth to strain out. If you do you should change the filters often.  Hope none of the filth is getting to your membranes.
Cheers
Danny
SM299
Ocean Pearl

Sent from my Vodafone Smart

On 13 Jun 2017 8:53 p.m., "sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks for the reply Bill.

I should have noted I washed the pre-filter thinking it could be a blockage and it still shuts down.  It's odd though, because sometimes it will run for two hours or more without a problem.

The pre-filters I use are washable, but maybe there's a limit to that.  I'll put a new one in and see if that helps.  Here in Lake Worth the water is pretty muddy, but I was having the problem in the Bahamas as well.

I don't have a feed pump, the CAT pump is plumbed directly to the pre-filter.

Duane