Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] No Stop, then No Start on Yanmar 4JH3-HTE

eric freedman

From: sailormon [mailto:kimberlite@...]
Sent: Saturday, June 17, 2017 3:14 PM
To: 'amelyachtowners@...'
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] No Stop, then No Start on Yanmar 4JH3-HTE

Duane,
I assume  you have a Yanmar 4jh engine. If so, the furl stop solenoid is on the injector pump on the left side as you look at the engine, the other thing it could be is a bad diode in the feed to the stop solenoid. It is in a wire going to the stop solenoid and is heat shrunk into the wire, It is a Motorola diode.

With respect to the drain, I believe the problem of over cranking is getting water into the cylinders.

If you remove the exhaust elbow, (Easier than the hose off) you can see if the hose is full of water.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376