Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft cabin bigger bunk and Autoprop fouling

Steve Leeds

I'm sure his prop (and yours) is bronze and not brass or
steel. I used a relatively new New Zealand product called Prop-Speed
which is now sold in the US at my last haul over two years ago. At 22
months it was as good as new. I just completed a haul at 26 months and I
had a little growth on the leading edge. The product is very expensive
but obviously works. Very little is needed and it should be mixed in VERY
small mixing cups or it will be wasted. I have used the 250ml kit twice
and there is tons left. I noticed that there is a new smaller kit
available called a "sample" kit which would be more than enough for
several sailboat props. The kit includes a two part primer and a
silicon-like coating.

My boat has been lightly used the last two years. I suspect the product
will work well on a boat which is used more often but may not last as long.

Regards,

Steve Leeds

Sharki 121

Circumnavigator's Yacht Service, Fort Lauderdale

http://bellsouthpwp2.net/l/e/leedss/

From: amelyachtowners@ yahoogroups. com