Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Seeking an Amel Super Maramu

Sheriffdep

Been keeping up with these posts

John, wish I knew you were in Charleston, dammit, was home for 2x weeks in May and looked at a Beneteau 473 there. I am from Pawleys Island. Going to get a SM for sure, but Beneteau 473 or larger is the backup. I have a hard deadline on when I need to leave to sail.

While home, I used Garmins Chartplotter GPSmap 7612 (pair of them) for offshore fishing and used radar overlays etc.... loved them and the absolute ease of use. However, in my research (I am sure whatever SM I buy will or could use a somewhat total rebuild of the electronics) the Furuno NavNet series seemed to be really user friendly and would possibly interconnect with some of the current systems in use by many SM's. Not sure but its possible the radar units might not even have to be changed out.

I also have been researching Maretron products. This is likely what I will plan to use. Keep some of what will be on the boat, then change out what is only necessary to make better or increase the reliability of the parts, and add in what toys I might want.

Hope this somewhat helps.

Andrew L Prentice
843-450-3141
240 Portrush Loop
PO Box 1691
Pawleys Island, SC 29585
Intelligence Analyst/Law Enforcement Professional United States