From: "John Clark john.biohead@... [amelyachtowners]"
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2017 9:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Seeking an Amel Super Maramu

Good deal Andrew,
   Having a "hard deadline" does help you stay on track and keep the years from slipping by, but don't let it push you into a purchase that you are not truly happy with.  I found being ready to move when the right boat comes along is important and will help close the right deal when it comes along.

  Had a family emergency come up last weekend that pulled me to NYC, but I'll be back in Charleston soon, I hope.  My SM is in Charleston at the Cooper River Marina transient dock right now.  You are welcome to visit her, though she is in the middle of a refit. My crewman Rick should be there and can give you a tour.

You might like to examine the Emek Amel (or should I say the Emek-Rouse) solar arch.  It is not yet installed but the first rate construction is evident. Also I started trialing the deck re striping on a small hatch in the cockpit.  My painting skill needs improvement but I still think that re striping yields a tremendous return in appearance.

   Regards,  John

John Clark
SV Annie (fmr: Vent de Soleil)  SM 37
Charleston SC

On Sun, Jun 18, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Andrew Prentice velocitybts@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Been keeping up with these posts

John, wish I knew you were in Charleston, dammit, was home for 2x weeks in May and looked at a Beneteau 473 there. I am from Pawleys Island. Going to get a SM for sure, but Beneteau 473 or larger is the backup. I have a hard deadline on when I need to leave to sail.

While home, I used Garmins Chartplotter GPSmap 7612 (pair of them) for offshore fishing and used radar overlays etc.... loved them and the absolute ease of use. However, in my research (I am sure whatever SM I buy will or could use a somewhat total rebuild of the electronics) the Furuno NavNet series seemed to be really user friendly and would possibly interconnect with some of the current systems in use by many SM's. Not sure but its possible the radar units might not even have to be changed out.

I also have been researching Maretron products. This is likely what I will plan to use. Keep some of what will be on the boat, then change out what is only necessary to make better or increase the reliability of the parts, and add in what toys I might want.

Hope this somewhat helps.

Andrew L Prentice
843-450-3141
240 Portrush Loop
PO Box 1691
Pawleys Island, SC 29585
Intelligence Analyst/Law Enforcement Professional United States