Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Hard deposits on 8-month old water heater heating unit

Hi Bill ,  interested to hear of your AGM batteries . Are they 105Ah each ? Same dimensions as the normal ones that Amel fit ?
Ian and Judy , Pen Azen , SM 302 , Santo Stefanie , Italy

On 18 Jun 2017, at 18:35, greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

On the old boat I had four 6V 220A-Hr batteries.  Even the 12 caps to check was a pain, because they wen't easy to check or fill.

On Harmonie we have Lifeline AGM batteries.  Six years old now, and still within 5% of their rated capacity--and no watering to do.  To say we are happy with them would be an understatement.  If I had to check 48 cells for water level I would be looking at an automatic watering system for sure!

Bill Kinney
SM160 Harmonie
Highlands, NJ