Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Seeking an Amel Super Maramu
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, June 16, 2017, 8:06 AM

Everything has finally paid off, we have concluded
our search for a Super Maramu, we are in contract to
purchase "Lena S", SM224, she is a 1998
boat.
We plan to start the
adventures in the later half of July, she is located in
Phuket, Thailand.There is quite a long list of
jobs that we intend to do, so i look forward to any
suggestions and helpful hints.
We are undecided on the name, but
likely to leave it as "Lena" and probably register
her Australian flag.
Some of the things we are planning
short term are replacing the standing and running rigging,
maybe a new main and genoa.  Just want to check spare main
and headsail first.
need to also order a Raymarine radar antenna/scanner. 2 or
4KW?  Size? 24"?  Pros/cons?
Lots to think about and plan over
the next month, not to mention pack up all of our household
belongings and find some sort of storage.
We are a family of 4 with 2 boys
aged 3 and 4.  Not sure about itinerary but likely stay in
Thailand for 2-3 months and ease into living onboard without
any stress of long passages.  this time shall also be used
to bring the vessel up to standard and work out what
equipment we need.
Lots to do, but very exciting.

Chris
Shiels+61 424 521 357