Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Battery charger for SM

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Ian and Judy.
We contacted the dolphin manufacturer from Fiji regarding repair. Because of the impractability of two way transport from Fiji they gave us a great new price. This was 3 ,or so years ago. We were very impressed with their service, and with the product.
Danny
SM 299
Ocean Pearl

Sent from my Vodafone Smart

On 22 Jun 2017 5:24 p.m., "Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

 After 17 years of valiant service our 30 amp, 24v charger has died. The green light still shines brightly and the fan works, but no output. A local electrician has pronounced a problem with the circuit board. I have written to Reya to see if they will repair it, but they are not known as quick correspondents.

The thing I love about the Dolphin charger is that it is small and light ( less than 5 kg ).  To replace it means finding another which is no more than 28cm  high and  34 wide.  The depth isn't critical.

Has anyone had success in

a) getting Reya to repair an old Dolphin,   or

b) finding a suitable alternative which can fir in the same space ?

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Fiumicino, Italy