Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] unending flow

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Jeff,

I have been trying to get the specifics on the solenoid fresh water flush valve on your 54. I have only been able to verify that it is Burkert type 6213, but not sure of the exact variant.

If I do not get back to you in the next 48 hours, I suggest doing the following:

Using the attached drawing, disassemble the valve, clean it and reassemble it using silicone grease on all rubber-like parts.
And/Or - Order a replacement from Amel taking a photo of the numbers on the valve.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 4:18 AM, jmkraus@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good Morning Amelians,

Recently, my forward head began an unprompted overflowing of fresh water. The 54 uses fresh water to flush the toilets. I had to shut off the fresh water pump to de-pressurize the fresh water system to stop the flow.

I tried to disconnect the various wires on the switch, with the hope that one would stop/start the flow. There is on option on the switch that activates flow, so I was trying to determine if the switch (and specifically that option on the switch), was defective.

Unfortunately, after every combination of wires were disconnected, including total disconnection, the flow continued whenever I re-pressurized the fresh water system.

Further investigation revealed that there is, what appears to be a black junction box where the fresh water hose is routed through. I'm wondering if there is a valve within, that is activated by the switch starting/stopping f low.

Could the valve be stuck open? Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm assuming that the 53 may have a similar valve, only it allows salt water flow.

To temporarily use that toilet, I disconnected the hose going into the toilet, and deadheaded the hose. A bucket of water from the sink was used to flush. At the time, it was effective to allow the temporary use of that crapper.

I'm not aboard, and won't be for about 5 weeks.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Best Regards to All.

Jeff Spirit Amel 54 #14