Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Head Issue on SM

Denis Elborn

Hi all,

I checked the part on my boat and it has the same number on it 125657 but I can't see the manufacturer

Denis Aventura
54 113

On 22 Jun 2017, at 4:52 pm, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I have a different probem with my aft head on Kristy. When at sea, the fill pump takes forever to start putting water into the bowl.  This is not a problem when at anchor, and it doesn't matter which tack I'm on when at sea.  There is a strainer with very fine mesh in the intake line that looks like an orange mushroom.  The stainless mesh is damaged and needs to be replaced, but it's acting like there is a one-way valve in the intake line that has failed.  Is there such a valve?  if so, where?  Any other ideas?

Does anyone know the manufacturer of the "orange mushroom" strainer in the intake line?  A source for the stainless strainer mesh?

I should say that on Kristy, (SM 243) there are separate thru-hulls for the seawater fill pumps located in the little "hallway" just inboard of the heads.  She does NOT have the long hoses from the sea chest/manifold in the engine room.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Currently St. Michaels, MD , USA for the hurricane season.