Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Forward water tank access

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Thank you Paul!
We were trying to get that fridge/freeze out a couple of years ago to change the insulation. But gave up, we never found thoses bolts from the liquer cabinett and thought that someone had laminated the box inplace.

Regards
Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPad

23 juni 2017 kl. 12:55 skrev pwschofield@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

The past two days we have had the joy of cleaning our water tank including the forward portion.  Gaining access to the forward port had its' challenges.  I know that Bill has a write up on how to removed the aft freezer however, our boat being a bit older was a little different.  These are the steps I took to remove the freezer.

1.  Remove all floor storage access/floor panels below the dinette.  This is to access the screws at the bottom of the kick plate

2.  Removed the freezer lid.  This just made it lighter to move, not sure if necessary. This also made it easier to remove the screws along the top of the freezer that attach it to the back of the cabinets

3.  Removed the lower bottle holder/panel in the liquor cabinet.

4.  Removed two screws at the lower right corner as you are looking into the liquor cabinet.  These screws penetrate the back of the cabinet into the freezer box framework.

5.  Removed the 5 screws along the top of the fiberglass freezer box that attach it to the cabinet.

6.  Removed the 5 screws along the bottom of the kick plate on the fwd side of the freezer.  One of mine was hard to see as it was right in the corner next to the floor boards.

7.  Remove the 3 screws that connect the AC kick panel to the freezer kick panel right where they meet.  These screws are accessed from the AC side and can be hard to get to.  I had to move the AC unit in order to gain access to them.  Also the bottom screw was covered over with fiberglass tabbing so I'm sure my forward portion of the tank has never been cleaned.

8.  At this point, you can lift the freezer 8-10" and slide it forward enough to gain access to the water tank.

Note, I didn't have to disconnect any electrical or hoses.  The whole freezer moved as a unit.  Also note that you do not need to remove any of the top screws that attach the kick plate to the freezer

I have added photos to the photo albums labeled "Trillium Aft Freezer Removal" for reference.

Now I'm not going to go into detail as to how I cleaned the tanks as I could write a whole book on that.

Anyway, good luck if you attempt it.  I know it can be a daunting task.

Paul Schofield

SV Trillium

SM 215