Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Can 24V circuit be available during batteries replacement?

Sv Garulfo

Thanks Peregrinus,

I omitted that I mentioned that (the lack of mode and the potential need to setup the charger with a constant voltage output) to the UK guy and he basically said not to bother as the charge cycle would be over in 17mins and the voltage constant after that, and that the loads could take the cycle anyway.

Thanks for mentioning the MasterAdjust software, I'm going to need to get familiar with that indeed. Do you have the masterVolt EasyView device? Is it permanently fitted and, if yes, where?

Thanks,
Thomas

--
GARULFO
Amel 54 #122

On 23 June 2017 at 17:44, svperegrinus@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

The Mastervolt manual for the 24v/100A Chargemaster does not specifically state that the chargers must be used with batteries always.  However, this is strongliy implied, as it reads that batteries should be connected "under normal circumstances."  You are correct that Mastervolt customer service needs to be consulted and a clarification must be obtained.

Where the UK guy went wrong is that he said there is no need to setup the charger for this mode.  Via DIP switches, the charger can be set to constant voltage instead of 3/step.  In this case, voltage will be a constant 26.5V.  I do not recommend using the DIP switches on a Mastervolt charger.

The better solution is to use your PC and the MasterAdjust software (supplied free by Mastervolt) to set the chargers to constant voltage instead of 3/step, and to adjust the voltage to, for example, 25 volts, constant.  This way you do not have the charger switching from Float to Abs to Bulk as you turn on or add or drop loads from the system.

You can also use a Mastervolt EasyView display to do the same adjustments described above.  Much better than using DIP switches.

Cheerio,

Peregrinus
SM2K Nr. 350 (2002)
High and dry, Marmaris, Turkey