Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] not enough RPM and only 6 knots with 2300

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Philipp,

Same here, I will not exceed 2300 rpm while the boat is moving.
If at the dock (boat attached) then I can reach more.

I was told this is because of the propeller being oversized (and is normal).
If before you were able to go faster, it is likely because your vessel is now heavier.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Port de Gustavia, Saint Barthélémy, FWI

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] not enough RPM and only 6 knots with 2300
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, June 25, 2017, 2:16 AM

Hi
all,
Does anybody has an idea what I
still can do with my engine (TMD22), that I get back my
speed from 7 knots with 2300 RPM and with the max RPM of
3500 and a speed through the water with 8 knots?I
have already cleaned the tank and the diesel and I have
changed the turbo charger because  the clap could be
moved.
I had the happy
situation with the max rpm and max speed two years ago and
since then the performance went down.
Thanks for your remarks in
advance.
Fair
winds.
Philipp,
FélicieSM 124

PS: I got the
information from the engine technician, that the engines can
go to 4500 rpm but AMEL has put a bigger Propeller with the
effect that max rpm is 3500 with turbo charger. So you
can't overdrive the engine with max rpm. The consumation
is only going up exponentially....