Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan 11 kW mdkbn amel 54

Mohammad Shirloo

Hello Wolfgang;

On our 54, we have the 11KW generator also. The water and exhaust exit the hull in two separate holes. The water is the smaller hole just forward of the engine exhaust. It is easy to see the water exit the small hole due to the slight grey color of the water.

Respectfully;

Mohammad and Aty
B&B Kokomo
Amel 54 # 099

On Jun 25, 2017, at 8:27 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@svbebe.com [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Wolfgang,

I haven't answered because I am not 100% sure and was hoping someone else
would answer.

I am95% sure because I read the 54 Owner's Manual page 5-1 which states
that the Generator water exhaust and the Generator gas exhaust exit the
hull in two different places. The 11kw Onan has a water separator installed
by Amel.

On page 6-3 of the Owner's Manual, it states, "After having started the
engine or the generator, check that the wet exhausts of these both
appliances are throwed in the sea through the holes “D”, “E”” and “J”."
[image: Inline image 1]

The 54 User's Guide on page 1-3,states, "About the exhaust circuit of the
generator:
It is fitted with a muffler where the exhaust gas is mixed with seawater
and therefore cooled
down. They are forwarded to a water separator (see the Picture 2 – Water /
gas exhaust
separator of the generator), to reduce the noise. When the generator is
running, make sure
that seawater flows out of the hole, and the gas through the exhaust
discharge outlet on the
hull. The Picture 3– Valve to close the outlet of the cooling water gas
exhaust of the
generator shows this valve.
[image: Inline image 2]
I hope this answers your question.

*Now, I have one for you.* Where do you buy zincs for the 54 bow thruster?
Is there a part number?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970 <(832)%20380-4970>

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 11:32 AM, webercardio webercardio@yahoo.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Does the onan 11 kW splash water in the exhaust that you can see it from
the hull outside.
Everything is working fine, temperatures are good.
No need to worry ?
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54 #162 Porto Komfort Greece

<image.png>
<image.png>