Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Isolated converter

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Eric,

I understand completely. When I do not understand something that Amel has done in a Super Maramu, I assume that Amel must be right and I do not understand. In all my years with Amel experience this personal rule has not failed me. This same rule does not apply to recent things Amel has done.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 3:48 PM, kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,
When I posted a cheap converter for someone to use, I forgot who said that the converter I recommended was not isolated and could not be used. I wondered why he said that.
If you hook just 24 volts + and - to the converter and take off only 12 volts + and -
and do not connect the bonding to the converter , I do not understand why it can not be used.
Fair Winds,
Eric
sm 376