Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Onan 11 kW mdkbn amel 54

Peter Forbes

Bill,

I get my zincs from Maud at Amel.

Best wishes

Peter

Peter Forbes
Amel 54 #035
Grenada
00447836 209730

On 25 Jun 2017, at 18:16, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Wolfgang,

I haven't answered because I am not 100% sure and was hoping someone else would answer.

I am95% sure because I read the 54 Owner's Manual page 5-1 which states that the Generator water exhaust and the Generator gas exhaust exit the hull in two different places. The 11kw Onan has a water separator installed by Amel.

On page 6-3 of the Owner's Manual, it states, "After having started the engine or the generator, check that the wet exhausts of these both
appliances are throwed in the sea through the holes “D”, “E”” and “J”."

The 54 User's Guide on page 1-3,states, "About the exhaust circuit of the generator:
It is fitted with a muffler where the exhaust gas is mixed with seawater and therefore cooled
down. They are forwarded to a water separator (see the Picture 2 – Water / gas exhaust
separator of the generator), to reduce the noise. When the generator is running, make sure
that seawater flows out of the hole, and the gas through the exhaust discharge outlet on the
hull. The Picture 3– Valve to close the outlet of the cooling water gas exhaust of the
generator shows this valve.

I hope this answers your question.

Now, I have one for you. Where do you buy zincs for the 54 bow thruster? Is there a part number?

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 11:32 AM, webercardio webercardio@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Does the onan 11 kW splash water in the exhaust that you can see it from the hull outside.
Everything is working fine, temperatures are good.
No need to worry  ?
Wolfgang Weber SY Elise Amel 54 #162  Porto Komfort Greece