Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Isolated converter

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Eric,

No, I do not know, but Amel installs the Icon with a double pole breaker, cutting off both the positive and the negative and the Icom has a double pole rocker switch on its face.

Maybe there is something to it.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 11:12 PM, kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,
Do you have any idea why someone would say that an non-isolated converter would be bad?
He mentioned that he installed a relay to disconnect the converter when the radio was not in use?
Fair Winds,
Eric
sm 376 Kimberlite