Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Air Conditioning Tripping 220 Volt Panel Fuse & marina

John Clark

Hi Alex,
   Do the breakers trip as soon as the AC tries to start?   On my older SM there is a time delay.  The water pump starts, then the fan, then after about ten seconds the compressor starts.
If yours is similar perhaps you can isolate the component that is causing trouble.

Might be inexpensive fix like a start capacitor.

Regards,   John

SV Annie (fmr. Vent de Soleil)  SM 37
Charleston, SC

On Jun 26, 2017 5:19 PM, "Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good afternoon,

Today, I hear the fuse of the 220 Volt Panel tripping (the one behind the panel).
I found out the fuse of the marina also trip.

After running tests, the cause is the Aft Cabin Air Conditioning (which I have been using non stop for 9 days).

Running the salon does not trip anything.

What could be the cause?
How to diagnostic and solve the issue?

Did I use too much the air conditioning?
How come the Diruptor did not trip, but the 220 Volt Panel did?
How come I trip the marina fuse?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT