Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Air Conditioning Tripping 220 Volt Panel Fuse & marina

John Clark

Right, but I bet the compressor turns on and off to regulate temperature...so maybe the start/run capacitor trips the breaker sometime after it warms up....

On Jun 26, 2017 5:34 PM, "Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello John,

Very likely the breaker trip as soon as the Air Conditioning tries to start.

Would be nice if this was the start Capacitor.
Going to wait for more replies then look at the capacitors tomorrow (the electric room at the marina is closed).

Does the “start” Capacitor only work when the air conditioning starts?
If yes, then I am afraid it is not that as the air conditioning have been running continuously.

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Air Conditioning Tripping 220 Volt Panel Fuse & marina
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, June 26, 2017, 4:24 PM

Hi Alex,   Do the breakers trip as
soon as the AC tries to start?   On my older SM there is a
time delay.  The water pump starts, then the fan, then
after about ten seconds the compressor starts.
 If yours is similar perhaps you can isolate the
component that is causing trouble.
Might be inexpensive fix like a
start capacitor.
Regards,   John