Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Air Conditioning Tripping 220 Volt Panel Fuse & marina
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, June 26, 2017, 9:24 PM

Alexandre.
if the AC switch is off at the thermostat does it still
trip the breaker?
The breaker on the AC panel side is a quick blow
circuit breaker, If there is a short it will
trip before the diruptor. If the AC is on at the
thermostat and the circuit still trips the breaker,
Check the continuity of the compressor to ground. If
there is a short to ground the compressor is dead.
Fair Winds,
Eric
sm 376

----- Original
Message -----
From: "Alexandre
Uster von
Baar uster@rocketmail.com [amelyachtowners]"
Date: Monday, June 26, 2017 5:19 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Air
Conditioning Tripping 220 Volt Panel Fuse & marina
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

> Good afternoon,
>
> Today, I hear the
fuse of the 220 Volt Panel tripping (the one
> behind the panel).
found out the fuse of the marina also trip.

> After running tests,
the cause is the Aft Cabin Air Conditioning
> (which I have been using non stop for 9
days).

> Running
the salon does not trip anything.

> What could be the cause?
> How to diagnostic and solve the issue?
>
> Did I use too much
the air conditioning?
> How come the
Diruptor did not trip, but the 220 Volt Panel did?
> How come I trip the marina fuse?
>
> Thanks in advance.

> Sincerely,
Alexandre