Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Air Conditioning Tripping 220 Volt Panel Fuse & marina

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Alex,

Have you looked at the Compact unit? Is it full of water with a clogged drain?

Bill

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I run the forward air conditioning without problem.

As Eric ask, I switch on the Aft Air Conditioning with the switch in neutral position (neither cold not hot) and right away the Ground Fault Interrupt (GFI) breaker trip (as well as the marina).
What does that tell you?

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Air Conditioning Tripping 220 Volt Panel Fuse & marina
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 9:10 AM

Alexandre,
there is a switch and thermostat by each AC unit. when
the switch is in neutral position does the breaker still
trip? if not does it trip when the switch is in the heat
position?
To discharge the capacitor take a wire with insulated
alligator clips put one clip on the body of the pump or case
and the other clip to a lug of the capacitor.
Fair winds,
Eric