Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Exhaust Fan for Cabin - Opinions?

Duane Siegfri

Alexandre,

I looked up a 127mm computer fan (a big one???) and it was only 141 cfm, not big enough to make the difference I'm looking for, even in groups of four.  On the plus side, it is very low on amperage draw and quiet.  It would be fine for ventilating your boat to keep some small air movement going.

I'm looking for an alternative to air conditioning, and that would require mass air movement.  There is often a 10 or 15 degree differential between inside the boat and outside the boat in the hot season early in the evening when we turn in.  Bringing the cooler outside air inside in mass quantities is the answer.

Duane