Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Switches in the walk-through on a Maramu [3 Attachments]

Jacob Champness

Thanks Olivier!

So what effect should it have to turn the black one?  It doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

I didn't even notice that the switch in the middle had a fourth label, but sure enough, there it is: "ARRETE."  And sure enough it does cut all 12v power in the boat.

You're correct, the 6 batteries are wired together in one bank as of now.  I have replaced the batteries but have not yet altered any of the wiring.  So with them wired together, are CHARGE and SECOURS effectively all the same thing?

On that topic, I'm thinking of keep the 6 together as a larger house bank and adding a new starter battery, for which I'd add a new box in the forward, starboard corner of the engine compartment.  Would you see any issue with that?

All the best,
Jacob Champness
Lark, Maramu #202
St Martin