Re :[Amel Yacht Owners] Switches in the walk-through on a Maramu [3 Attachments]

christian alby <calbyy@...>

Good day to you
top red is switch for the bow thruster
Roll foc is jib furler motor
Charge position is for use when charging service batteries on shore power
Normal position is for use when starting engine on starter bank
Secours is both banks together when starter batteries are failing
big black handle should be for cutting off negative on both batteries banks. Use only when leaving boat for long spells ashore (or as on Desirade, when left afloat for long period, powered on separate power from solar panels).
I have on board the original manual written by Amel for the Maramu nbr 116, can scan or translate parts (the way it was written by designer) if wishing to.
fair winds

christian alby, Desirade VIII, Maramu nbr 116 now in Canet roussillon

Le Mer j Juin PM à 17:26, jacob.champness@... [amelyachtowners]
a écrit :

[Attachment(s) from jacob.champness@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Hi all.

We're making slow but steady progress toward launching Lark at the end storm season.  Would anyone be able to shed some light on the function of these switches in the walk-through on this old girl?

I think the top red one might be for the bow thruster?  The strange thing is that the back side of it has not just 1 red and black wire coming out of it, but 2 each.  Not sure what that's about.

I guess the ROLL-FOC must be the jib furler, and the RADIO must be the old SSB radio-telephone.

What is function of the large switch in the middle (labeled NORMAL, CHARGE, SECOURS)? Does it switch between the house and starter banks?  As in CHARGE would be the starter bank, NORMAL would be the house bank, and SECOURS would be both?

What about the big black handle?  I have no idea what that's for.

Apologies for the n00b questions, and thanks for any input!

Jacob Champness

Lark, Maramu #202

St Martin