Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Air Conditioning Tripping 220 Volt Panel Fuse & marina

Duane Siegfri

From Alexandres photo, the unit is marked 220V 50hz, yet we can plug these into US power at 60 hz.  I just find it odd that they don't mark it with both frequencies...or did Amel modify it somehow?

The Dometic system that Eric mentions must have the same 50/60hz ability, but on the web site they list different units for 50hz vs 60hz, there isn't one that will handle either frequency.

I understand some appliances are not frequency sensitive, but I thought a compressor would be?

Just curious...

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477.