Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Cabin Air Conditioning Tripping 220 Volt Panel Fuse & marina

Duane Siegfri

To close the loop on my question concerning frequency, there is a thread entitled "Climma A/C 220v/50Hz" from Feb 2010 that discusses it.  According to the thread the Climma units are not marketed as dual frequency, but we're using them that way. The downside (according to that thread) is more frequent failure of the capacitors (possibly).  The compressor will run faster on the 60 hz and perhaps cause more wear.

Since the genny is 50hz one would want to continue with a 50hz AC unit.  Anyone know if Climma is uniquely designed to be more amenable to 60hz power or will they all be fine?

Duane