Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bow thruster issues

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Either the stop sensor is not working, or it is not aligned correctly.

Bill

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 2:06 PM, sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ben,

When you have a resolution I would love to hear what it is.

I've been having the same issue with my bow thruster.  It will work normally for several down/use/up cycles, then it will blow the fuse.  When the fuse is blown the "at-sea" pin will not go through the hole since the shaft is too high.  I had Peg raise and lower it repeatedly and it always lined up with the "at-sea pin".  Apparently every once in a while it overshoots and I can't figure out why.

The wire rope raising the thruster is tight and the others loose, as you described yours.

Duane
Wanderer, SM#477