Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] In search of a Super Maramu

John Clark

Hi James,
   I second what everyone has said about connecting with Bill Rouse,  Joel Potter, or Michel Charpentier(in Europe).  They can and will certianly point you right.

Amels are very well designed and constructed vessels.  You will not be disappointed.

As Amels are built in France and are intended to be sailed long distance you will find them all over the world.  More for sale in France and Martinique than other places which could be to your advantage as there are Amel service centers at those locations that can help you with after purchase upkeep and repair.

Last December I bought my SM in Le Marin Martinique and had the Amel service center at the foot of the dock....very convenient!

Wherever you decide to buy, get a good surveyor who KNOWS Amels.  There are more than a few quirky Amelisms that a non-Amel surveyor won't understand.

The forum is great and everyone will give you tons of help.

Good luck,  John

John Clark
SV Annie. SM 37
Charleston, SC

On Jun 29, 2017 10:12 PM, "jamescromie@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hello!  I have discovered this email group whilst reading through blogs of various owners of Super Maramus.  This forum seems like a great resource for networking with Amel owners with lots of experience.   The Super Maramu seems to be the ideal yacht for our family of two adults and two girls aged 5 and 9 to embark on a life of cruising for the next few years.   We are currently based in Vermont, though are willing to travel to look at yachts elsewhere.  I would very much appreciate any guidance that might be given to us as we conduct our search.  Certainly, if anyone is aware of anyone planning to sell a Super Maramu, we'd be interested to hear about it.

Thank you for your help!

James