Re: Volvo D2-75 for a SuperMaramu

greatketch@...

Ian and Judy,

I have no personal experience with the D2-75, but it does look like a good match for the SM.

I like the all mechanical operation.

I like the low end torque.  I find this to be the biggest issue with my TMD22.  Sometimes when bucking into a strong headwind, I have a choice between "too slow" or "too fast", and response to short busts of throttle when in close quarters is less than I am used to.

I like that it seems to be a good fit in the existing engine footprint.

I like that it is naturally aspirated.

If you do decide to go with that engine, I hope you'll post about your experiences.  It would be valuable to those of us with aging powerplants who are considering repowering.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Edgartown, Martha's Vineyard.