Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Climma AC Capacitors

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning,
Yes all 3 units are the same and have the same capacitors.
Last time I changed mine was in 2013, then now last week.
All you need to do is time to time check the Micro Farrah reading of the Capacitors with a nice volt meter.
For info, I just changed the 2 Micro Farrah which were reading 0.5 and it was still working fine.

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Port de Gustavia, Saint Barthélémy, FWI

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Climma AC Capacitors
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017, 9:39 PM

Sorry group to pile onto this topic
however, this evening I found the forward stateroom filled
with smoke.  After examination of the AC unit, one of the
fan capacitors had a big hole in it.  I also located, what
I believe are, the two start capacitors inside the control
box.  Is it a safe assumption that all three AC units use
the same 5 capacitors (3 fan and 2 start)?  My thought is
to replace all the capacitors on all three AC units and put
these on some kind of maintenance schedule.  Any feedback
on whether this is a good idea?  If so, how often should
they be switched out?
Any input is appreciated.

Thank
you.SV TrilliumSM215Brunswick,