Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Volvo D2-75 for a SuperMaramu

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Ian
Me again. Top speed. Max rpm 3000. So similar speed. Cruising. Same again. It is driving through the same gearbox. Same reduction so at any given  rpm same speed. Doesn't seem to be affected as much by prop fouling. It has to be pretty fouled to reduce revs. Of course speed is affected even if the revs are not.
Regards (hope I've got it all this time)
Danny

Sent from my Vodafone Smart

On 2 Jul 2017 1:12 p.m., "Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

 Hi Danny,

Very interested to read your email and would love to hear more.

With the exhaust on the other side were you still able to connect to the original stainless muffle box ?

How accessible is the seawater pump ? it's good that it no longer sits above the engine.

Are you sure that the D2-75 is lighter than the TMD ? The specs I have seen suggest much the same weight.

We usually cruise at about  6.3-6.5k if motoring any distance--often for many hours in the Med. That means about 17-1900 revs, depending on the sea condition.   How does that compare ?

Top speed with the TMD in flat calm with a clean bottom and prop is about 8.3, 8.4k at 2800revs.  How does this compare ?

Do you know at what revs the turbo kicks in ? We religiously give our TMD a blast every 12 hours or so. Waste of diesel, but apparently it keeps the  turbo happy.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302 Greece