Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Roller Furling Questions

Stephen Davis

Hey Mark,

I'm assuming you are referring to the rivet holes which hold the aluminum extrusion in place. You should have a total of 8 rivets around it. I can't tell from the pictures if the rivets are in the holes...are they? It is normal for them to be covered with silicone.

Steve
Aloha SM72
Aruba for the summer

On Jul 2, 2017, at 14:54, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Could someone look at the attached picture and tell me if something is suppose to go in these holes (I circled them in the photo)?

Currently the foil rotates independently from the drum drive thingamajig (the grey wheel attached to the motor), I have four holes that have been filled with silicone. The foil only rotates when the sail is on and is attached to both the foil and the drum. Should the foil be attached to the drum with something in these holes? If so, how?

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Guadalupe

www.creampuff.us