Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Roller Furling Questions

Mark Erdos

I did do a search prior to posting and couldn’t find anything specific to my question.


Should it be bolts or rivets? If so, does someone have the specs please. If it is bolts, do they pass all the way through and how is the bolt situated on the curved surface? And, how could the bolts be tightened if only one side can be accessed?


Since this goof was done by the previous owner I have no idea what the original set up was.



With best regards,





Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Guadalupe


From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, July 2, 2017 6:14 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Roller Furling Questions



Mark, there should be either bolts or rivets in those holes connecting the drum of the upper drum to the foil. There was a thread just a few days ago (search for jib furler), there were instructions on how to remove that upper drum then you can inspect the upper drum and the foil for the type of connector.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.