Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Roller Furling Questions [2 Attachments]

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Mark,

I should have also said that you should have rivets securing the foil to the drum, although I assume that you could tap that drum and install allen head set screws (bolts).

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
720 Winnie Street
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 6:08 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from Bill & Judy Rouse included below]

Mark,

The first time I saw anything like that was this week on a Super Maramu with a hull number in the 50s. One of my Amel School clients was considering this SM and I was reviewing photos that he took including IMG_0589.JPG, attached. Another photo of this SM appeared that the "rigger" replaced the standing rigging with undersized wire and undersized turnbuckles. I suspect that the "rigger" popped the rivets to install new rigging wire inside that foil.

Your Amel originally had rivets and I bet you lost them when it was re-rigged. The later model SMs had stainless steel allen head bolts, like BeBe. See the attached BeBe #387 Furler.JPG...this was after I had it repainted in Trinidad.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus