Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Roller Furling Questions

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Mark,

I am 99% sure that they are allen-head stainless set-screws on BeBe #387.

Maybe someone will check for you, so that you will be 100% sure.

I bet you are going to stop in Martinique. Why don't you ask:
Gaëtan Rivet
CARAIBE MARINE
BD ALLEGRE
97290 LE MARIN
MARTINIQUE
TEL +596 ( 0 ) 696 41 56 42
caraibe-greement.fr>

His rigging shop is at the head of the marina. This is the guy Amel will refer for rigging jobs.

And/or also ask:
Jean COLLIN – Amel Caribbean manager
amel.caraibes"at"amel.fr
Tel : +596 (0) 596 585 037
Cel : +596 (0) 696 419 045

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
720 Winnie Street
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jul 2, 2017 at 7:08 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

Thank you so much. I am amazed the rigger didn’t catch this. We went with a highly recommended premium priced company referred to us by an Amel Guru. They obviously had to detach the foil to replace the head stay. Either they did this or put it back the way they found it. But to fill the holes with silicone and not rivets is inexcusable.

I have pop rivets aboard and can make a repair here in Guadalupe that will get us to Grenada. But, I really like your idea of allen head screws and tapping the drum. Much better solution than rivets. I will make the modification this hurricane season. Now I can see why you have the Amel School.

Do you think stainless screws would be ok or should I try to find aluminum? I always worry about mixing metals.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Guadalupe

www.creampuff.us