Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Salt water intrusion on forward head

Paul Osterberg

Stephen I agree we have several times had conditions when water slushing around in the forward head. I think the idea with the spraycan sounds good. Asume it,s just normal PU Foam on spray can, have to be carefull when applying as it is very sticky. But of course the anchor and chain will rip it lose from the pipe. Last time we just squeezed in a pice of foam in the shower drain, also an easy and quick solution. My wife was air born for a while in the forward head when beating up from Cape Hatteras to Cape Henry in a god blow with current with us when she squeezed in a pice with foam in the shower drain.
Pail on SY Kerpa SM #259