Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lofrans Tigres windlass turns itself on

greatketch@...

Duane,

Unless the control box has gotten wet inside (which given its location is very unlikely) I can not imagine a realistic scenario that would cause its relays to change state without power being applied to the coils. Granted, I am not always as imaginative as I should be!

If you described a case where the windlass would not shut off after running, the control box is one of the first places I would look, but you said the windlass started up on its own hours (at least) after being used.  That's not a symptom of a "sticking" relay.

Bill Kinney
SM160,  Harmonie
Boston, Mass