From: "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: 7/7/17 12:21 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel54 Main Sail Furler

Courtney,

As you unfurl the sail, unfurl it to a point where it gets stuck but do not pull it tight. Snug the outhaul but not very tight. Secure the boom. Work the in mast furling motor back and forth a few times but not too much at once – perhaps a full turn or a couple of turns each direction. Keeping a little tension on the outhaul the whole time. The main sail should slowly start to become unsnagged as you work the in-mast furling back and forth. It takes a little finesse to work it back and forth. As the sail comes out keep the outhaul snug. Usually the snags will give as the sail is going into the mast.

Important: Do not over strain the motors. Do not try to force the sail with the motor. If the motor starts to strain, STOP and go the other direction.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Guadeloupe - Îles des Saintes

www.creampuff.us

From: "SV Garulfo svgarulfo@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>

Date: 7/7/17 9:57 AM (GMT-05:00)

To: amelyachtowners@...

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel54 ONAN Generator MDKBN Fuel Pump 149 2646

Thanks all for extensive responses.

As for some of you, this must be the result of a prior mechanics work.

We will bear in mind your recommendations when we do our first intervention.

Best wishes,

On 5 July 2017 at 18:29, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks for the plug, Porter.

Every Amel owner should do their very best to contain saltwater when opening anything with saltwater. A combination of towels and suction will keep your Amel engine room looking new. And, it is no more trouble to do things the BEST way.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Jul 5, 2017 09:35, "Porter McRoberts portermcroberts@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Mine is extremely rusty.  Purchased that way: likely prior mechanic did not use the Bill Rouse wet/dry vac/ surgical suction method for total NaCl containment.

Applied Corosion X, now unchanged and have a spare in the parts list.

Works fine however is a cosmetic issue at present.

Porter McRoberts
S/V Ibis: Amel 54-#152
Ft. Lauderdale
www.fouribis.com
portermcroberts@...

On Jul 5, 2017, at 10:12 AM, 'Mohammad Shirloo' mshirloo@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello Thomas;

As stated by others, the fuel pump should look clean, painted finish. The salt water from the raw water impeller will drip/pour over the fuel pump if preventative steps are not taken. If you do not see an active leak or evidence thereof, this would most likely explain the issue. We had the same issue when we purchased ours due to previous “mechanic’s” work. I have carefully cleaned it as best as possible and applied corrosionX to try to control the rust. (A coat of rust preventer, primer and paint may not be a bad idea).

I have also purchased a spare fuel pump, just in case.

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty

B&B Kokomo

Amel 54 #099