Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Illustration on swapping the Aft & Forward Air Conditioning Climma Marine Compact 9

John Clark

Thanks Alex,
   I'm replacing the original AC unit in the saloon in a few weeks.  It is the old split system with the compressor in the engine room.
The new complete package fits in the same space under the bench as the old evaporator section.   Your pictures and instructions will be a lot of help with the conversion.

       Regards,  John

John Clark
SV Annie  SM 37
Charleston, SC

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I recently had a failure on the Aft Air Conditioning and decided to swap the unit with the one of the Forward cabin.

So for the owners like myself who are intimidated by repair they have never done performed, I illustrated the “swapping the Aft and Forward Air Conditioning Climma Marine Compact 9”.

It was not difficult, but not without unexpected surprised.
If you plan on removing or installing either the Aft or Forward cabin unit, I seriously recommend you look at ALL the pictures and sections as I pictures differently the removal and reinstallation of each unit.
Plus some section are more detailed on the harness reconnection, etc.

Here is the link:
http://nikimat.com/air_conditioning_climma_marine_compact_9_eh.html

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Port de Plaisance de Gustavia, Saint Barthélémy, French West Indies