Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Thickening polyurethane paint

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Ben,

For what it is worth, I did not use flattener, and had to thin the paint slightly.

Bill Rouse
BeBe

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Ben Driver joedoakes66@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

John
I'm using exactly the paint and tool but with flattener.  My need to forgo the flattener.

Ben Driver
La Bella Vita
SM #347
6S

On Jul 13, 2017, at 4:09 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Ben,

Do you think an accelerator would help? https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid=98105&familyName=Quantum+99+Urethane+Accelerator

I am not sure you need to thicken the paint. It sounds like you need less of it on the application wheel. Are you using the tool so the barrel stays below the wheel? The tool should not be used upright. Ideally when using a pinstripe tool you want to illuminate as much gravity as you can. This will put less paint on the wheel. Also, if you put the non-paint end of the tool in the groove on the deck, it will help keep your line straight as you pull/push the tool to apply paint. Try this technique on a some paper first, it may be all you need.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Grenada

www.creampuff.us