From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2017 10:40 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Climma AC Capacitors

Sorry group to pile onto this topic however, this evening I found the forward stateroom filled with smoke.  After examination of the AC unit, one of the fan capacitors had a big hole in it.  I also located, what I believe are, the two start capacitors inside the control box.  Is it a safe assumption that all three AC units use the same 5 capacitors (3 fan and 2 start)?  My thought is to replace all the capacitors on all three AC units and put these on some kind of maintenance schedule.  Any feedback on whether this is a good idea?  If so, how often should they be switched out?

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you.

SV Trillium

SM215