Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Frigoboat two speed fan not working

Mohammad Shirloo

Duane;

We did not have to pull the refrigerator to access the compressor. On ours, there is an air intake grill that can be removed and access the compressor and the compressor controller.

Is the compressor running continually with out stopping?

In regards to the thermostat setting you mention, I was talking about reducing the compressor RPM setting and not the thermostat setting. On ours there is what looks to be a variable resistor (POT) that you can adjust the compressor RPMs from 2000 to 3500. We reduced the RPMS from 3500 to 2000 to solve the issue.

In regards to the refrigerant in these compact units, be extremely careful. In my research, the company indicates that the amount of refrigerant in these units is extremely small and has to be set by the factory in "Lab conditions" to be able to get the amount correct. That is why they do not publish amounts or pressures because they believe that it cannot be done in the field. If an A/C "expert" from an auto industry, for example, steps on the boat and says that he needs to charge the system or somehow change the amount of refrigerant, I would not allow him. The tech must show that he/she is certified by Frigoboat, If I were to allow them to work on these units. Just my 2 cents.

Mohammad and Aty
Amel 54 #099
B&B Kokomo

Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 7:19 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Frigoboat two speed fan not working

Mohammed,

1.  The compressor is running based on using a long screwdriver as a stethoscope.

2.  I'll check on the voltage issue you noted and see what I find.  Did you pull the frig out and attach at the compressor?

3.  We have a built-in alarm LED and it is not showing any alarms.  I can hear the fan running clearly although the two speed button is not functioning.  

I'll check on the voltage issue you noted and see what I find.  Did you pull the frig out and attach at the compressor?

We have had the frig thermostat set on the highest setting since purchasing the boat.  It won't cool adequately at a lower setting.  I'm starting to wonder if it's a slow leak in the refrigerant lines somewhere since it's gotten progressively worse over time.

Duane

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.