Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Frigoboat two speed fan not working

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Duane,

See the attached: Page from Amel School Book Part 3 - Mechanical.PDF

This is the trouble shooting guide that I have always used.

That fan switch is a push button switch. All push button switches are prone to failure when not used frequently. My guess is that you have one of the following in order of probability:
  1. Door not locked closed with Amel-made latch, door not properly aligned and/or sealed.
  2. Condenser coils, fan blades and fan ducting full of dust and need cleaning
  3. Compressor set at wrong speed (Blue wire should be plugged into "200 liters" (this is 3,000rpm) on the power module.)
  4. Push Button Fan Speed Switch failure - use corrosionX
  5. Thermostat failure - use corrosionX
  6. Low refrigerant - unlikely
  7. Bad Compressor - very unlikely
Let me know what you find.