Batteries, combination parallel and serial

James Sterling

I'm about to replace my group 27 wet cells with group 31 AGM's.  My bank has 8 in parallel connected on the negative by twos with copper plates.  Since the AGM's are a little wider, jumpers will replace the copper plates. There are 4 along side the front of the bank (end to end) connected in serial.  In researching this in the group, I see BeBe's bank which appears to have 8 in series and 4 in parallel.  This confuses me a bit.  Can anyone enlighten me?  I want to make sure I do this right.

James
s/v Longbow SM2K Redline #418