From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of drdavegoodman
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2007 8:55 AM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] main engine prop seals

I have just changed the main engine prop seals with the bushing and
seals obtained from Amel. A special proper extractor tool or 3/way
puller was needed, which we fashioned in the yard I'm in (Independent
Boat Yard Marina on St. Thomas, USVI). When inserting the new seals,
we used a large cutlass bearing (large brass cylinder) that was about
the same outer diameter as the new seals to seat the new seals in
place. I wonder what others have used for this process of re-seating
the new seals.
Thanks
Dave