Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
In a Hurricane cradle in Grenada

On 18 Jul 2017, at 11:20, Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Peter,

          When our boat is out of the water I just put waterproof grease  ( the sort that you might use for a dinghy trailer ) on the end of a stick and coat the valve, with someone inside the boat  opening and closing to spread the grease around..  When on board we open and close the valves occasionally even if we don't need to.

 Worked OK  since 1977.

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Greece

From: amelyachtowners@... <amelyachtowners@...> on behalf of Peter Forbes ppsforbes@...[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: 18 July 2017 08:14:03
To: Barry Connor connor_barry@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Antifouling

That is a good idea - vegetable oil to lubricate the holding tank valves - does anyone else know of an approved method to lubricate the through hull valves?

Peter
Peter Forbes
0044 7836 209730
Carango  - Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
In a Hurricane cradle in Grenada

On 18 Jul 2017, at 08:54, Ken Powers sailingaquarius@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Regarding the holding tank valve...  After I empty the tanks, and flush some bleach down the toilet I leave it a few hours.  Then I empty the bleach... ie...  open and close the valve.  Then I put some vegetable oil in the toilet and flush it down.  Then I work the valve back and forth about 10 times.  This makes it easy to move the valve.

If there is something wrong with what I am doing, please let me know

Ken Powers

On Thursday, May 4, 2017 2:38 AM, "Amw amw08@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have to do the antifouling on my Supermaramu with International Micron 66.
Does anybody know how much antifouling I need for two coats.

Thanks in advance

Hajo
SM 150 Serafine
Carloforte