Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Antifouling

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Ian,

Exactly. Every haulout should include greasing the holding tank valves with the same waterproof grease that you use for the AutoProp and wear bushing seals.

HINT: If your grease gun is like most, the output hose is long enough to reach the valve.

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Jul 18, 2017 05:20, "Ian & Judy ianjudyjenkins@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Peter,

          When our boat is out of the water I just put waterproof grease  ( the sort that you might use for a dinghy trailer ) on the end of a stick and coat the valve, with someone inside the boat  opening and closing to spread the grease around..  When on board we open and close the valves occasionally even if we don't need to.

 Worked OK  since 1977.

 Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Greece