Using a 110V power-strip on 230V boat?

Duane Siegfri

I'd like to plug in a power strip to the outlets behind the Nav Desk on our SM to charge phones and computers.

It seems to me (an admitted amateur electrician) that using a 110V power strip to handle 230V sounds like a bad idea at first glance.  However, the wattage (W = V x A) would be the same for the appliances plugged in, and the power strip would have larger wire than needed at 230V, it should work and not be a hazard.  It also makes getting one easier...

Any thoughts on why this would be a bad idea?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477