Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lofrans Tigres Undersized

stephen_lees@...

Pat,

In my research I discovered the Lofrans has a few as well at http://www.lofrans.com/category/7-Lofrans-anchor-windlass-hand-held-controls. The radio version sounds wonderful except that there are different approved frequencies in different countries and knowing me I would never find it when I need it.

There wired on has 4meters of coiled cord. That sounds plenty generous for mounting in either place mentioned by Bill, though I think the port locker solution is better given the rain consideration.

They also have versions with chain counters in them, but the current S ensor solution seems fragile to me. I don't know if it would work with the older control boxes if your chain counter is working. I mark my chain anyhow because my counter doesn't work and I want to really know how much chain is down. It is a place where an electronic failure could have dire consequences.

Stephen
SV Sequel SM53 #349