Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel SM Solar panel and gantry

Mark Erdos

James,

Atlantic Arch has a pretty good video here that explains the installation process: https://vimeo.com/22743502

Per the instructions, as the arch is sized for the width of the boat, it is bolted about 4” wider than the boat. I used cargo ties to compress the arch and secure it in the deck mounts. This will reduce but not eliminate side to side movement.

I added a pad eye to the transom above the middle hand hold handle. I then made some wire fittings with pelican hook attachments. These attach to the upper corners of the arch using KIT78000 Clamp Assembly/Lifting Eye and the pad eye. I have the wire in place when at sea and when at anchor or dock, remove the wire on the starboard side so the steps are accessible. This method has illuminated all side to side movement and the arch is very solid.

We used the standard backing plates that came with the arch. The plates on the port side are hard to access sine they are above the propane locker and not much space there to get a wrench on the bolt.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Grenada

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 9:38 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Amel SM Solar panel and gantry

Bill,

Can you explain a little bit more about the process of pre-loading and bracing the Atlantic Towers Arch?  Also, did you use standard backing plates?

James Sterling
S/V Longbow SM2K #418

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.